Able constantly create positive change of reality
Recently I had a colleague, who I believed talented, experienced and I want her to work with. Within half a year I realized that my decision to hire her wasn't right. Although I liked her a lot, she had a great humour, experinences, knowledge what I will never have, finally our cooperation didn't work. What was my expectation? What went wrong? What mistakes I made? Hopefully I will find answers and will learn from this experience.
What I know now, that I am searching for a Positive Genius. I would like to hire someone who has the consistent ability to create positive change of reality.The term positive genius is one coined by positive psychologists and is explored deeply in Shawn Achor’s brilliant book Befor Happiness. There are people who seems to have inner motivation towards success, who can stend up faster from failures, challanging situations, who can motivate others and share their positive reality. Simply they are more encouraging, energizing than others. They born with it.
You are surrounded by geniuses, you just don’t know it. You may even be a genius yourself. More likely than not you know a few positive geniuses, and you probably have some negative geniuses in your life as well. A positive genius consistently chooses to search and pursue the most actionable and positive route when faced with adversity. A negative genius will complain about how it was long overdue.
The good news about being a positive or negative genius is that it is not a genetically programmed condidion, it is a byoproduct of purposeful choice and habitual routine. Your brain can be trained to look for ways to make something work, or it can immediately identify all the reasons why something will not work.
The five most important competences:
- CHOOSE THE MOST VALUABLE REALITY. The ability to see multiple realities and select the one that leads to positive growth. Have you choosen the one that will help you harness your multiple intelligence to their fullest potential and lead to greater success and growth? And if not, how can you select a more valuable one?
- MAPPING YOUR SUCCESS ROUTE. Learn to use positive markerts of meaning in your life to draw mental routes to success. When you mapped success routes are based upon menning markers, not only do your stress levels drop dramatically, but productivity can increase.
- FINDING SUCCESS ACCELERANTS. At the precise moment your brain realizes that attaining your goal is not only possible but probable, it releases a potent of chemicals that help you speed up.As son as that goal comes into view, your efforts ramp up.
- NOISE CANCELING. Boosting your positive signal by eliminating the negative noise.
- POSITIVE INCEPTION. Transferring your positive reality to others. Success franchising, by coming up wiht positive behavioral change that is easily replicated. Script writing, chanching a prevaling social script by making it positive or creating a shared narrative and by it creating value and meaning by appealing to emotion.
How to become a Positive Genius? How to learn whether you are already a Positive Genius or on the way to find the behaviour what leads to shared positive reality which lead to individual and community succes? Shawn describe plenty of activities, learning points in his book. For those who wold like to have more solid feedback, the Positive Attitude Consulting developed a measuring tool with the Assessment Systems Hungary. We identified a HOGAN profile which shows Positive Genius competences. This way we would like to support companies to find the right experts, who are besides their knowledge and experiences, able to create positive change for themselves and for the company as well.